Friday, October 25, 2013

tarte Beauty Without Boundaries 8-pc Collection on QVC





I absolutely LOVE this kit.  It is amazing! I did purchase it when it was a TSV so it was as a reduced price than what it is listed for on QVC now.  I also did get this on auto-delivery so I will review the next shipment in December when it arrives!

  • 1-oz BB tinted treatment primer Broad Spectrum SPF 30
    • This helps to even out skin tone and on me it helps to conceal the red areas on my cheeks.  It does have the silicone feel - which I usually hate - but this product helps my foundation looks smooth so I will deal with the silicone feel!
  • 0.08-oz BB tinted undereye corrector--exclusive to QVC until 11/30/13!
    • This is BY FAR my favorite product in the entire kit.  It is so creamy and really helps to conceal the purplish tone I have under my eyes.  Since this is a corrector a concealer is still needed.  Everyone has his or her own way of applying correctors and concealers, but I tend to use this corrector under my foundation.  I then use a concealer (MAC Prolong Wear is my holy grail one).  Every now and then I will apply both the corrector and concealer over my foundation.
  • 0.31-oz Lights, Camera, Flashes! mascara in black
    • I was asked to do a review on this mascara so here it is.  I really like this mascara.  My holy grail is tarte's Light, Camera, Lashes! but this one is a close 2nd.  The brush is a hard plastic bristled one that can "hurt."  If you do not like a plastic brush you will hate this one. I find that this mascara does a great job at separating my lashes and does create a lot of volume.  I am not sure is creates 752% more as clinically proven, but it definitely does make me look like I have more lashes than normal.
    • You can watch a video for optimal application: tarte's video on applying this mascara
  • 0.009-oz Lights, Camera, Lashes! waterproof inner rim liner in black
    • This was just ok for me.  Nothing stays on my waterline so I am not this disappointed.  It did stay for a fairly long time on my upper lash line.
  • 0.04-oz LipSurgence power pigment in Awakening, a rose pink--exclusive to QVC until 11/30/13!
    • I love the LipSurgence products.  They stay on for a very long time and they do not make my lips dry.  This is a good every day color.
  • Special edition complexion brush--exclusive to QVC until 11/30/13!
    • I love the pointed end.  It is great at applying an undereye setting powder and the flat end is great at blending out the concealer/foundation line.
  • Undereye brush
    • I tend to use my fingers more than a brush in general, but this one is nice.
  • Makeup bag
    • Nice large bag that fits a lot of makeup.  Great for traveling!

No comments:

Post a Comment